Friday, April 20, 2018

Bittersweet Hood Goodness

I will render nothing, nor will anything be rendered. Nothing is amongst or amidst anything...but it definitely might be among...

Ha!

Happy 420 from the Bittersweet hood!

How did you celebrate? For me it was with Lagunita Waldo's Special Ale X2 and then some. Once again this limited release triple IPA did not disappoint. Mucho delicioso! Piney citrusy goodness in epically balanced proportions. Cheers to Peter and Adrian for celebrating this fine occasion with me!

Ah, but I come here not to espouse the virtues of a great IPA but instead for bird-speak.

As in pure gold Merlinesqueness.

Merlin, Bittersweet hood, 20April2018
Merlin x2.

This morning while shooing turkeys from the backyard I caught the shrill chattering calls of a Merlin from across street.

Rather quickly I found the nest.

From my yard, I confirmed nesting Merlins!



Let the entertainment and study begin!

UPDATE 4/28/2018 Two days after I posted this the Merlins were MIA. Did the crows or some other animal or bird, the Cooper's Hawk, get their first egg? Was there never an egg? Seems odd there wouldn't have been. I watched them switch off sitting on the nest... and fiercely defend the area against the crows and Cooper's Hawk. I am quite disappointed they seemed to have moved on. Perhaps they found a more suitable location nearby in the neighborhood and I will encounter them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment