Sunday, July 12, 2009

Insects busily enjoying the fruits of my labor

Lots of bug happenings in the garden in the past week. This year I'm trying to do a better job photo documenting some of the insects visiting my plants. Here is a collection from the past few days two days....

Scudderia sp. katydid nymph out for an early eve frolic among the day lilies.
















Halictadae Bees have been busy gathering pollen.


This Spring Azure butterfly was busily probing the Rudebekia.












I found this weevil orgy tucked away in my hollyhocks.
















Evil Japanese Beetles are starting to decimate the leaves of several fruit and vegetable crops. I'm going to try a trap although I've now read it may actually attract more of the beetles. Arghhhh!












And finally a few other wasp/bee species yet to be grossly identified.

No comments:

Post a Comment