Friday, July 21, 2023

Verdigris Magic

My days have centered around agendas, tasks, gardening, constant gardening, projects, fixing, rescuing...

Letting go of responsibilities and relaxing has grown increasingly more difficult in recent months. However, a couple days ago I abandoned my never-ending of list of to-dos that spiral around in my brain in lieu of short car ride to see if I could spot a Juniper Hairstreak in western Dane County. 

Timing is everything amidst the losing and stealing. Thus, being right on time can be damn magical.


As luck (and a little experience) would have it, my eyes were graced with a single fine green and copper specimen. The green butterflies are among my favorite with Juniper Hairstreak currently at the top of its class. Nature certainly chose a divine and complimentary palate for this one! What's not to love?!

No comments:

Post a Comment