Thursday, September 12, 2019

Hello September

Hello September! Where have I been?

Lake Superior, Vermillion, Chippewa Co, 4Sept2019
I never intended to leave this blog by the wayside for so long. But somewhere between the exhaustion of spring migration,

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, Dane Co, 20May2019 
over indulgence in craft beer, 


intense gardening at my new home of now two years, 

Front garden, Bittersweet Place, 9Sept2019
Bittersweet Place pre-occupancy circa May 2017
hummingbird banding,

Rufous Hummingbird, Lincoln Co, WI 26July2019 
Female Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Washburn Co, WI 16June2019


and my continuous quest for orchids, butterflies and other insects, 

Small Round-leaved Orchid, Sawyer Co, WI 16June2019

Arctic Skipper, Sawyer Co, 16June2019
Ghost Tiger Beetle, Jackson Co, WI 18August2019
...that is precisely what has occurred. My blog FLAT-LINED.

And then there is the fatigue of everything. I have attempted on many occasions to compose something only to lose the battle with sleep. Mostly though, my active social life involving craft beer has won out as my preferred post-twilight activity.

But I am back. Motivated by own interest in documenting year to year changes, I hope to play catch-up. Time will tell if that actually materializes.

For now I leave you with a few scenes from my recent Labor Day weekend trip to the southeastern shore of Lake Superior.
Whitefish Point, Chippewa Co, 31Aug2019 

Whitefish Point, Chippewa Co, 31Aug2019 
Aurora, Luce Co, 31Aug2019

Aurora, Pike Lake, Luce Co, 4Sept2019

No comments:

Post a Comment